Monday, April 04, 2016

Candle



He lit up the scented candles one by one. It was their first night in Pattaya, their honeymoon.

Their parents had decided the match; he was glad they did. Sanjana was beautiful and friendly, and he had fallen in love with her. But where was she? He dialled her number.

“Honey, you won’t believe who I met in the hotel lobby. Remember Sunil? I am with him, catching up on old times. I shall come in a few hours. Ok?”

He just nodded. Sunil was her ex.

The candles kept burning the whole night. And so did his heart.


This 99 word fiction is shared with Blogging from A to Z April Challenge - C.



5 comments:

  1. Oh dear. The wife forgot the honeymoon itself? Poor him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What the hell? I don't like this. I'm sure she'll be taught a lesson one day

    And I didn't know you were participating! I'm so happy you are :)

    Cheers
    Geets

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope this doesn't happen to anyone, ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch...that was something different..its symbolic but yes it does justify that relationships can't be forced :)

    Thoughts...Sushree

    ReplyDelete