Wednesday, August 22, 2012

So... What Next - Chapter 16

Chapter 15


"Can I call you?" I messaged Sapna. I didn't want her parents to know that we had started talking to each other. That would spoil everything.

After a few minutes my cell phone buzzed. "Yes, you can call now, but I won't be able to talk for long," came her reply.

"Hi Sapna," I started the conversation.

"Hello," she answered.

"I love you." There was silence.

"Ok. Forget all these now," I realized this was no time for romantic chit chats. "Is your mom at home?"

"Could I have called had she been at home? She has gone to Dad's office."

"What?" I squealed. This meant that I couldn't meet his dad today. It would be tough facing both mom and dad at the same time. I had planned to talk with each of them separately, but if they were together, there was no room for a one- on -one discussion.

Sapna seemed surprised by my reaction. "What happened? Any problem?" she queried.

"Nah. Not a problem. I will talk to you later. I just remembered there is an important task at hand."

I disconnected the call and thought for a while. When Plan A fails, you should always revert to Plan B. The problem in my case was, there was no Plan B. I was so sure of Plan A that I had ignored the probability of it failing.

However, if there was no Plan B, I had to device a Plan C now.

I called Nandini, "Hey, are you going to meet Mr Ray today?"

"Yes. I am going with Shahbaaz," she replied.

"Ok. At what time?"

"We will be leaving in an hour," she answered.

"Cool. I will go with you too," I said.

She hesitated, "Thanks Nitin. You are really a great friend, but we do not want to be a burden on you."

"It's not a burden. I will accompany you, that's no problem for me," I had to go.

"Ok," she agreed, "Let's meet in an hour near the Petrol Pump. I will pick you up in my car."



Chapter 17

6 comments:

  1. ?? What's are those two up to?? This is getting better and better.. you leave us all wanting so much more!! I loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm..its really getting exciting day by day, lets see what happens next!!

    ReplyDelete