Monday, July 23, 2012

My 1st Blog Award




Wow .... 'm so happy .... feels great .... Wow !!!

When I started blogging on a warm sultry May morning this year, my primary goal was to know how I write. I wished to be criticized and appreciated from writers who have been here,done that. I wanted to revive my writing skills that I believed had died somewhere in the middle of my hectic professional life. Finding time to write was just so out of question.

I did start a blog some couple of years back, but lack of time forced me to be irregular on it, and finally I completely stopped writing. However, I guess putting down my thoughts in words was too lucrative a passion to be shut down completely, and here I was again, in a new blog, with new ideas.

I started checking others' blogs, and noticed how good people over here write. Poems, stories, simple narratives, everything, there was so much to learn from each one of you. Truly, that's what inspired me to write, almost daily. The urge to grow better motivated me, fueling me whenever I felt drained.

And thanks to Sui, I have another reason to write now. She recently honored me by tagging me for the Liebster Blog Award - my first award !!!!

Thanks a lot for this :-)

Well, there are certain rules associated with it, and copying from Sui's blog post, they are as follows:



  1. If you are tagged/ nominated you have to post 11 facts about yourself.
  2. Then you answer the 11 questions the tagger has given you & make 11 questions for the people you are going to tag.
  3. Tag 11 more Blogger.
  4. Tell the people you tagged that you did.
  5. No tagging back.
  6. The person you tag must have less than 200 followers.


Thus, abiding by the rules as follows:

11 Facts About Me


I am too lazy when at home.
I love driving.
I fall in love (read crush) with different celebrities (female, of course) every now and then.
I hate to study, but I still have to.
I love going to office when there is less work, so that I can play Table Tennis the whole time.
I don't like loud music, I prefer something soft.
I love to think, think and think all the time.
I am a late sleeper and wake up pretty late too.
I have a childhood fantasy of becoming a Super Hero and saving the society.
I can't paint, but I love good paintings and arts.
I am crazy about Awards.

Answers to Sui's Questions


1. Have you ever visited a zoo?
A. Yes. I have visited the zoo in my hometown, Kolkata.

2. Do you think it’s reasonable to keep animals behind cages simply for our amusement?
A. No. Animals should have the liberty to be free and enjoy the natural freedom which they are entitled to get.

3. It is raining heavily, you have to rush home but alas you forgot to bring an umbrella. What would your reaction be?
A. I would regret not bringing an umbrella, but since I will be returning home, I wouldn't mind getting wet. I can always dry myself after I reach home.

4. You promised to take your mom shopping on Friday. The same day your best friend who relocated to a different city came to visit and asked you to accompany her/him the entire day. What would your priority be? {Emotionally blackmailing your mother is not an option.}
A. I would go shopping with my mom, and meet my best friend after that.

5. What’s more important: to have many followers who rarely visit your blog OR to have few followers who regularly visit your blog.
A. Many followers all of whom who visit my blog would be ideal. But to answer your question correctly, I would choose the 2nd option.

6. Would you buy a latest gadget even if you don’t need it? {Assuming that you have more than enough money to buy.}
A. No. I don't buy things I don't need.

7. How will you react if I say that I am standing in front of your house right now?
A. I would be surprised, and look out of my window !!!

8. What does it mean if we say that a person is cool?
A. That he isn't affected by global warming ;-)

9. Can you call a person your friend even if you have never seen her/him in physical form?
A. Yes. It's so common in social networking world these days.

10. What is the importance of having a romantic relationship in your life?
A. It's good, till it lasts. And then, it becomes bad. But yes, better to fall in love at least once. It teaches you a lot in life.

11. What’s the most boring thing in the world for you?
A. This is tough. I don't get bored easily. I always find something or the other to do that engages my mind.

11 Questions From Me

1. If an alien visits you, what is the first thing you would like to know about it?
2. If you have the power, to which three non-living objects would you like to grant the power of life?
3. Do you like pets? Do you have one?
4. What super power you wish to possess?
5. Which is the most memorable gift you have received till date and from whom?
6. Do you like travelling? Which has been your favorite travelling spot?
7. What makes you smile when you feel low?
8. What is your favorite quote?
9. Who is your idol?
10. Do you prefer reading, or writing?
11. When did you start blogging?

11 Awesome Bloggers I Tag


This one is tough. I have followed so many bloggers that choosing only 11 is quite difficult. I would have loved to tag a few more, but have tried to bring up my list of 11 as below:

  1. Crystal
  2. Kirti
  3. Grace
  4. Sreeja
  5. Vaishali
  6. Hank
  7. Jaideep
  8. Aravind
  9. Dark Angel
  10. Sandra
  11. Hannah Denski


Congratulations. Enjoy the Award :-)











26 comments:

  1. Awwww!!! I'm going to post this on the simple kind of life if that's okay seeings how I don't have a liebster award for that blog!! Thank you Green Speck and I love your questions and I'll be very proud to answer them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can post it anywhere you like ... It's your award after all :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you SO much for the award... this being my first blog award, it's actually quite special.

    And, yes... Awesome questions!

    This is really interesting. Your facts, answers and then questions... they were all a pleasure to read. :)

    I had a question, btw. Do I need to follow a blog to tag his/her name? *methinks*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you need to follow, but if you do you will get updated with the blogger's response too. So better tag the blogger and then follow his/her blog :) And all the best with your blog.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for that! :)

      It took quite thoughtful minutes(Hours, maybe?) to come up with the answers, facts, questions and the most difficult of all - tagging the recipients.

      Thanks once again! :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the award and tag ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Grace ... It's always a pleasure reading your posts :)

      Delete
  4. Congratulations! Your wonderful blog is growing fantastically! (I'm still working on your tag from last week... but I am working on it!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, and I am sure, many more to come :). Loved the questions you have put forward, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!! You totally deserve the award :D You are quite a diplomat, aren't you?? :D :D Loved knowing more about you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the award! i will try and make a post on it soon.
    and congos to you!! :D :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much... I haven't followed the earlier one. I am too sorry...was a bit busy and down. I need some time to enjoy these things....will surely follow sooner.......haven't read everything , will come back...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was just thinking as to how to bridge the gap between my posts. And college life really sucks me up into its vortex.

    But this one really blew me off.
    Its an honor of a kind to be selected by you for this. Thanks a lot!

    Now Im going...to work on this!!!

    P.S. It is out of ignorance that I ask this, but does tagging someone fore an award really makes them its recipient?
    How else does a blogger win such awards?

    Thank you for your time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To answer your questions, tagging does make him/her the recipient of the award. I don't know if there are any other ways to win the award :-)

      College life can be busy ... but it's always good to be in touch with writing as that gives utmost satisfaction. Do try to spend 30 minutes daily on your blog :-)

      All the best !!!

      Delete
  10. Great answers Green Speck! I like the mix of sincere, funny, straight answers.

    Thank you for answering the tag and following the rules from start to end. You made the right decision to return to writing and blogging. I hope that this time around you'll be motivated to stick longer to blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really quite motivated, and thus you can see a post from me almost daily :-)

      Delete
  11. interesting...thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. And I found time for this...thank you so much....

    ReplyDelete